Thursday, May 7, 2009

Blerg

First real attempt at a workout today. I've been doing some escrima once a week, but that's a weapon art - high theory, low cardio. This was the first day I tried weights since the hospital.

Hoo.

Boy.

Never get sick people. Never get sick and never get fat. Eat organic and don't party. Fuck'em if they call you a hippy douche buzzkill.

I'm not even going to post the weights. It was a bummer.

We've lost the gym I was happy with. It was not running at a profit and was a passion business for the coach, and he can't afford it with "our troubled times" pinching his day job.

I'm pretty pissed about that. I did find out my old kickboxing instructor is teaching again, and I'm looking forward to revisiting his striking instruction. He's also been cross training in ground fighting, which I hope I can get him to work with me on as well.

Our MMA team may be able to hang together somehow until we can work something up for a roof over our heads, but it's up in the air. It's a product of living in this town. I'm commited to what I'm doing, and I'll move to do it if I have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment