Saturday, March 7, 2009

So I showed up for a lunchhour judo class and nobody else was there.

Which means, basically, I get a private for the monthly rate.

This is a very handy thing. Obviously, you have the attention of the instructor, and you set the pace...but more importantly, you get to do two things: Find bad habits and tailor material individually.

These are both kind of big deals for me. I'm a pretty big freakin' guy, and not everything developed by small Japanese men works exactly as planned for me.

The lesson went well, the pace was better for me then the usual MMA class, where I don't usually get in a full complement of drills...

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, very awesome when that happens. At a huge club like the Roger Gracie Academy, kinda rare, but I did once have the good fortune to attend a class where there were only three of us present. That meant pretty much private instruction by Maurição Gomes, which was amazing considering he's a sixth degree.

    ReplyDelete